Skip to Content

Supplier News

Argentina – SAGSE now underway in Buenos Aires

By - 13 September 2018

This year’s South American Gaming Expo and Congress (SAGSE) is now underway at the Costa Salguero Conference Centre in Buenos Aires.

According to event organiser, Monografie the trade show, now in its 26th year, includes around 70 exhibitors reflecting every aspect of the industry. In addition, this year the trade show will hold two conferences: the first one will be organised by SiGMA under the name “Alpha Boot Camp Buenos Aires”, and will be exclusively dedicated to 150 gaming operators throughout the region. According to the organisers behind SiGMA, the Alpha boot camp is aimed at “bridging the gap between continents and bringing some of the best European suppliers in the business to Argentina to meet with operators from all over Latin America.” The second conference will be carried out by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA).

According to the President of Monografie, Giorgio Gennari Litta while the situation in Latin America is a complex one, “The region is adapting to new technologies and SAGSE accompanies these changes, this exhibition was, is and will be the most important gaming community in Latin America.” Meanwhile General Manager of Monografie Jorge Gallinger said that the trade show “reflects the general change in Argentine policy, greater trade flexibility and the possibility of liquidation of foreign currency that favours international transactions.”

SAGSE still remains a key date in the Latin American gaming industry calendar and numbers are rising both in terms of visitors and exhibitors since SAGSE 2015 when the mood had been muted and visitor numbers and the number of stands reduced. Indeed trade show exhibitors and visitor numbers have both been increasing steadily since 2015 according to the trade show organisers. Last year 90 per cent of the public were visitors to the show, while the remaining 10 per cent were those taking part in the trade show. The second day of the exhibition usually receives the largest number of visitors – more than 2000 last year. 93 per cent of visitors are from Latin America and 90 per cent of visitors have the authority to buy.
The show usually takes place in November but this year the show was brought forward to September 11-13 due to the G20 Buenos Aires summit which will take place in November 2018. Organisers wisely made the change in order to facilitate the development of the show as well as hotel and tickets reservation, freight forwarding, and all activities connected to the show.

Share this story

Facebook
Google+
Twitter
LinkedIn

Related Stories