Australia – Australian Gaming Expo delayed until next yearBy Phil - 29 May 2020
The 31st Australian Gaming Expo will now run from August 10 to 12 2021.
The confirmation of the delay comes after a new Public Health Order on May 14 from the NSW Government extended the restrictions on large gatherings from 29 June to 14 August. The legally restricted period now extends past the planned dates for the 31st Australasian Gaming Expo (AGE).
“The government did announce a three-stage easing roadmap, but even when fully implemented that roadmap does not allow for more than 100 people to attend a venue such as ICC Sydney,” said Chris Muir, CEO of the Gaming Technologies Association (GTA).
The new Order has left AGE organisers with no option but to defer the 31st AGE as it was impossible to hold it as previously scheduled.
“And, we have not forgotten the risk that Covid-19 still poses for everyone at this time,” Mr. Muir continued.
Earlier dates were considered but were subject to unacceptable risk of disruption or conflicted with other industry events and activities.
Exhibitors are disappointed with the postponement. Despite the circumstances, many were still enthusiastic about showcasing their new products, services and innovations. Indeed, many have turned their focus to products and services that will assist venues to operate a Covid-19 safe venue and workplace.
“We’ve already seen some significant initiatives from AGE exhibitors as they support businesses with technology and physical distancing measures,” said Muir, “and we’ll continue to connect buyers with sellers, as our industry slowly starts its road-to-recovery.”