The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR) has announced its program for the 2016 Annual Conference to be held in Sydney, Australia.
The event will explore emerging issues affecting gaming regulators, policymakers and industry executives in gambling markets around the world. The event will also bring the IMGL Masterclass series into the Sydney conference week-long activities from October 31to November 3, 2016.
The conference will focus on challenges faced by regulators as they seek to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of gambling oversight. “On behalf of the Conference Program Sub-Committee, I am pleased to announce that our program will continue to build upon the foundation we established at our previous conference in Lima, Peru. Representatives from each of the continents will appear as speakers or on panels to share their experiences with regards to responsible gaming, sports and fantasy gambling, futuristic technologies and more,” said Dale Fuga, IAGR Vice President, Sydney 2016 Conference Sub-Committee Co-Chair and Chief Operating Officer of the Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba.
“We are delighted that IAGR has decided to hold its 2016 annual conference in Sydney and to include an IMGL Masterclass as part of its programme,” said Jamie Nettleton, Partner, ADDISONS Lawyers (Sydney, Australia) and IMGL First Vice President. “IMGL members will present on issues of high relevance to IAGR members as they will reflect issues being faced by IMGL members on a regular basis. IMGL is very pleased to be associated with the IAGR 2016 Sydney event. “
The Program Sessions currently planned include:
• Gambling-Related Harms: How to Better Evaluate Responsible Gambling Policies
• Social Gaming and the Convergence of Gambling and Gaming
• Role of Technology in Responsible Gambling
• Virtual Reality Gaming – the Future?
• Millennials & the Regulators Challenge
• IAGR Beginnings
• Casino Gaming in the Asia & Pacific Region
• Changing Regulatory Approach to Achieve Outcomes
• Sports Betting & Match-Fixing
• Sports Betting in a Digital Age
• Interjurisdictional Collaboration
• Keeping Technical Standards Relevant in a Changing World
• Legal Challenges Posed by New Technologies in Implementing Effective National Gambling Regulations (IMGL Masterclass Topic)
• In-House Counsel – Challenges in Achieving Compliance in the Australian Legal Environment by Global Gambling Sector Participants (IMGL Masterclass Topic)
A complete list of confirmed speakers is available on the IAGR website. The event will take place at the ParkRoyal Darling Harbour Hotel in Sydney.