Rivers Casino Portsmouth will become the first permanent casino to open in Virginia, when it opens its doors on January 15, 2023.
Operated by Rush Street Gaming, it has cost $340m to build with a casino covering 250,000-square-foot with 1,448 slot machines and 24 table games. A high-limit gaming room will have 85 slot machines and 11 tables, along with two private salons and a private table area
Rivers Casino Portsmouth will feature both familiar and exclusive-to-Portsmouth brands, from fine dining to grab-and-go:
- Admiral’s Steak & Seafood: This fine-dining steakhouse will serve a wide selection of prime cuts, fresh seafood, premium wines, craft cocktails, and more. Rush Street Gaming operates successful steakhouses in all its casinos. Admiral’s Steak & Seafood is a Portsmouth exclusive.
- Starbucks: The world’s largest coffee chain with more than thirty thousand locations around the globe will offer its full menu with hot, cold, brewed and blended drinks—Frappuccinos, Chai Tea Lattes, Spinach Feta & Egg White Wrap, Cake Pops and more.
- Topgolf Swing Suite: Topgolf Swing Suite is an immersive social experience offering guests a comfy lounge to play and enjoy fantastic food and beverage service. With a massive screen and a selection of exciting virtual games, the Topgolf Swing Suite delivers a one-of-a-kind simulation that’s fun for golfers and non-golfers alike.
- Mian: This Rush Street Gaming signature restaurant will feature fresh, made-to-order Asian-inspired dishes, such as edamame, vegetable spring rolls, fried rice, lo mein, General Tso’s chicken, and more.
- Slice Pizzeria: Slice Pizzeria is a fun spot for a quick bite—serving pizza by the slice, made fresh onsite in the casino’s pizza ovens. Whole made-to-order pizzas will also be offered. Slice Pizzeria is a Portsmouth exclusive.
- Crossings Café: Crossings Café is a full-service casual dining restaurant offering an extensive menu of appetizers, soups & salads, sandwiches & burgers, and other entrees. Start with soft pretzel bites, dive into a big cobb salad, then cross over to the ultimate cheeseburger and fries. Crossings Café is a Portsmouth exclusive.
- BetRivers Sportsbook: The football season is already here, and BetRivers Sportsbook will be Hampton Roads’ favorite place to watch and wager on the games—plus basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, tennis, ping-pong—you name it. There are no conflicting schedules, with multiple high-def screens airing multiple games simultaneously. The sportsbook will have live ticket windows, self-service kiosks, club chairs and banquettes for groups.
“From day one, we have been committed to developing a high-quality, state-of-the-art gaming and entertainment complex, and through this impressive lineup of restaurants and amenities we continue to deliver on that promise,” said Roy Corby, general manager, Rivers Casino Portsmouth. “Each of these exciting new venues comes with career opportunities for job seekers—and we’re recruiting and hiring right now.”
Rivers Casino Portsmouth brings 1,300 new permanent jobs to Portsmouth and Hampton Roads.
“We’ve been very intentional in our hiring and recruitment efforts to ensure we are building our talent community to support all aspects of the casino, including these new additions to our hospitality department,” said Johnée Ingram, Vice President of Human Resources. “We anticipate increased excitement from job seekers following this announcement of our restaurant lineup and look forward to a great turnout for this Saturday’s job fair.”