[bsa_pro_ad_space id=1 link=same] [bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]

Skip to Content


Belarus – Use of Cryptocurrency in gaming trebled in 2020

By - 19 February 2021

A new report from SoftSwiss claims that cryptocurrency gambling traffic saw a threefold increase in 2020. The SoftSwiss Game Aggregator 2020 Corporate Report draws data from over 70 game studios globally, providing more than 10,000 different games, 3,000 of which support crypto in-game.

“The absolute and relative value of cryptocurrency gambling traffic has increased threefold in 2020, compared to 2019,” said Andrey Starovoitov, COO at SoftSwiss. “Bitcoin is no longer exotic. In the coming years, we expect to see even more gaming studios supporting cryptocurrencies in their games, as well as casino operators integrating new crypto payment methods for their players.”

The SoftSwiss Game Aggregator supports several of the most popular cryptocurrencies, but the undoubted leader was and still is bitcoin with a dominating 90 per cent, and other cryptocurrencies (ETH, LTC in second and third place respectively) holding the remaining 10 per cent.

Finally, the report concludes that the rapidly growing popularity of cryptocurrency as a means of payment leads to a rising interest in crypto gambling, a marketplace previously dominated by fiat. The statistics also highlight the fact that cryptocurrency is currently actively used around the world, with increasing interest in Canada, Russia, and Latin America.

Share via
Copy link