Skip to Content

Tag Archives: Emma Delta

Czech – Czech duo form joint venture to manage lottery interests

Czech billionaires Karel Komarek and Jir Smejc have formed a new joint venture under its SAZKA umbrella into which the pair’s lottery investments will be funnelled. KKCG, owned by Mr. Komarek, will take a 75 per cent stake in the new holding, with Mr. Šmejc’s Emma Capital taking the other 25 per cent although both…

Austria – Novomatic and Sazka partner to take control of Casinos Austria

With the threat of litigious action looming, slot manufacturer and casino operator Novomatic is now partnering with Sazka Group, which represents the investment group KKCG and Emma Capital, to ensure the growth of Casinos Austria. The pair had been going head to head for a majority shareholding in the Austrian group, snapping up shares wherever…

Greece – Greek prosecutor investigates OPAP sale

Athens prosecutor, Ioannis Sevis, is investigating the sale of Greece’s gambling monopoly, OPAP, to a consortium of local, Czech, Slovak and Russian investors. The €652m deal allowed the Greek privatisation agency, Taiped, to meet its repeatedly reduced 2013 revenue target of €1.3bn, and show that Greece is on track with the austerity program imposed on…

Greece – Emma Delta completes OPAP share purchase

Investment fund Emma Delta has now completed its acquisition of a controlling shareholding in OPAP, the Greek betting group, from the Greek state. Emma Delta has acquired the 33 per cent stake in the Hellenic Football Prognostics Organisation S.A. from the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund for a total consideration of €652m. Jiří Šmejc, an…

Greece – Emma Delta approved for OPAP purchase

The Greek government has now approved the sale of 33 per cent of its listed betting entity OPAP to the Greek-Czech consortium Emma Delta. Emma Delta, the only company that came in for OPAP, has agreed to pay €652m with €622m being paid immediately with the remaining 30m being paid in instalments over the next…

Greece – OPAP asset sale set for September conclusion

Czech-Greek company Emma Delta, which plans to buy 33 per cent of the Greek state-owned gambling group OPAP for €652m, has said the deal will still go through despite media reports that the privatisation programme could be stalling. The Greek-government is looking to raise much needed money by selling the stake. Newspaper reports suggested the…